Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn Off SNMP on Nortel Call Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

babytech2009

Technical User
Apr 22, 2009
US
Hello,

I was looking to turn off SNMP for the Call Pilot server. How would I go about doing that? And can it be turned off ? Is SNMP used for anything Call Pilot wise?

We are going through our security process and they show that it is on and want us to turn it off.

Thank you.

SNMP is configured, enabled and disabled in Windows on the server, just like you would administer it on any other Windows Machine.

allenmac so the call pilot does not need it for anything such as application builder? Correct? Or any other process on the call pilot?

Thank you for the response

No, SNMP is used usually used for remote monitoring of the health of the server, no CallPilot internal funcationality relies on SNMP.

allenmac. Can I turn it off during the day? It is not something that I turn off and will need a call pilot server reboot once I set it to off?

Sorry for all the questions. I dont normally do changes to server settings. Its usually given to our vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back