Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn off Message waiting indicators

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhanson184

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
US
I see where you can turn on Message Waiting Indicators but where do you tunr them off? The is a Octel 250/350. I had several cards go OOS and the customer wants to do this to refresh the MWI.

Thanks

Normally you report on OCTEL 200/300...
Here the command is @MWL RELITE or @MWL RECALC.

///doktor

I don't think there is a way to do it on the 250/350. Refresh MWI only sends the command to turn the MWI on.

You can do this but it depends on the type of integration you are using. What kind of FLT cards are in the system and what PBX is it connected to?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Sometimes I am asked to work on 250/350 because we have people who think all Octels are the same. It like saying you can work on Definity and Communication Manager to many variations and no one looks past the product type.

So much for ranting. Here is what was sent to me from a co-worker on resetting mwi on a 250/350. I hope it is useful to others. I have not tried it:

Re: octel 250
Option 8 - AT&T inband message waiting utilities
Option 3 - Turn off all message waiting indicators

When compelted Ctrl-C back to Main Menu
Option 13 - System Maintenance
Option 5 - Turn message waiting indicators back on.

Bob Hanson

This will only work if the Octel is connected to a Avaya PBX and using multiple MWI ports with FLT-A cards.

Also you should never ever do this unless all access to the system is closed as it can cause MWI to stop working and never work again without changing the user record of every user that was in their mailbox when this was running.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

The exact type of integration must be known prior to trying to use it to effect any kind of change (MWI, esp.). If we are given the type of integration, then we could help further.
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back