Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn off Message Lamp 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

9amwhiskey

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2005
US
Bear with me, I am not a phone guy....just happen to have to be one for the next couple days.

Does anyone know off hand the way to clear a phone's message waiting indicator lamp from the 3300 server? For arguements sake, I can't clear this from the phone.

thanks for the help

Have you checked there's no messages in the voicemail?

What type of phone is it?

Have you access to the 3300 system tool?

Thanks for the response.

There is no voicemail, this phone is not set up to take voicemail. this has happend before, but i wasn't around to see what the fix was.

the phone is a polycom confernce phone....analog

I have access to the 3300 system tool

Go into the System Admin Tool

In the drop down menu go to System Administration

System Options

Feature Access Code assignment

Look for the Feature Code for Message Waiting - Deactivate

Go to ANOTHER phone (not the one the lamp is on) and dial the code followed by the extension number of the ext that you want to turn the lamp off on

Matt

Matt......YOU ARE THE MAN!

Thank you so much for that fix.

hi

i have try this on one of my phone 5340 and it does not work??

i100

check your cos and make sure multline set voicemail message callmeback erasure allowed is set to yes

To i100:

Unless the message type is Dialed message waiting the Dialed cancel Msg code will not work.

I suspect your message type is CallBack as is normal with Embedded mail.

With the COS option to allow Callback erasure you can erase the message thru the softkeys.

With the handset in the cradle, press the message key and follow the softkeys to read and erase the message.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back