Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

turn off for controller ds4800

Status
Not open for further replies.

hraa

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2007
LY
Hi
I want turn controller enclosure off and then on because connect the storage could not start. An unexpected runtime error or exception of type java.lang,nillpointerexception has occurred.

thanks

You should never have to turn off the controllers because your management application cannot connect. I would verify that java is installed correctly on your computer and reinstall the management application. If that doesn't fix it, I would try it from another computer. You should never have to restart a storage controller ever.

If you want to shut enclosures off, that means you are willing to stop IO from the application servers.
The right way to shut enclsures off with out coruppting data will be,
Shut the servers down, or in case of UNIX, unmount the file systems. Then shut the DS4000 controllers off. Finally,shut the enclosures off.
You have to allow 2 minutes time between each step.
When you want to bring the system up, use the revers order, starting from the enclosures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back