Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn off dial pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

indy102

Technical User
Nov 29, 2005
US
Anyone know how to turn off dial pulse for analog phones? Or possibly change the dial pulse rate.
We have on phones that will cable static where the system sees an on-hook off-hook condition and creates calls to other phones.

Even with DTN in class of service of phone you can still dial pulse on analog set. Use hookswitch to dial numbers...not keypad. I want to know a way where I can turn off being able to dial from all analog sets via pulse/hookswitch/static where the switch thinks the phone is dialing.

Have you seen this happen yourself

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

We have traced the call and even gone through internal CDR records. I can recreate it....can even dial from hookswitch. Use to do it in the old days on secure phones with no dial pad.

I agree you cannot turn off DIP capability on all switches. I suspect the problem is not so much static, but crosstalk and bridging with another TN. So one user dialing DTMF is making the other phone dial. You will probably find that two lines are touching each other.

--
GHTROUT.com - Help for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators
--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back