Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TSWeb ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmendes

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I cannot figure out which port to forward to my 2008 terminal server to allow a TSWeb connection from outside my firewall. From inside the LAN, I can connect fine. From outside, I get to the page, put in a server name, but then cannot connect. I have tried forwarding 443, 3389 and 80 to the server, but no connect. I figure it has to be either a matter of figuring which new port I need to forward, or figuring out where in the terminal server gateway config page to allow connection from outside my LAN ip range.

Anybody?

Thanks in advance.

TS 2008 uses 3389 over port 443 so you only need 80 and 443 you need to set up a certificate even if it is a self signed one.
when you browse to the site are you typing if so try the same with the external IP followed by /ts

Good Luck

bobej,
I have the SSL on the site setup to use 444 instead of 443. So to get to the site from the outside, I would type
From inside my LAN I type
I know the router is setup properly, as I said, I am getting to the connections page where you type in the name of the terminal server you want to connect to, I type in the name, I get a prompt for name/password, I then get the prompt asking about local resources and if I am sure I want to connect, then get a message saying cannot connect to server.

I am getting really close to just removing TS08 and replacing it with SBS03 just so I can use the RWW function. With it, as long as I forward 4125, it works perfectly.

I see that is very interesting because I am having the same problem, let me know if you find a resolution I will do likewise

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back