Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TSS7160W Facility <TSO> Not Authorized for Your Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpjust

Programmer
Sep 23, 2003
US
Hi,
I can't find a forum specifically for CA-Top Secret (TSS), so this is the closest forum I could find. Hopefully someone here knows something about TSS.

I've given my UserID every Admin right I can find in the TSS manual, but I still get this message when I login:
TSS said:
TSS7160W Facility <TSO> Not Authorized for Your Use

I tried permitting myself to the TSO facility like this:
Code:
TSS PERMIT(user1) ACID(user2) FACILITY(TSO)
and it ran successfully, but I still get the error when I login. (Don't ask me why I need the "ACID(user2)" on the permit command; it's the only way I could run it without getting an error)

Since the system is in Warn mode, I just get a warning, but it still lets me do what I want, but it would be nice if I could get rid of the warning. I also get a not authorized to <BATCH> with JCL jobs...

Nevermind. I figured it out.

I ran:
Code:
TSS ADMIN(user) FACILITY(ALL)
and thought that would also give me access (in addition to allowing me to give other people access), but I actually had to do this to give myself access:
Code:
TSS ADD(user) FACILITY(ALL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back