Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TSM Disk Speed Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelfischer

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2006
CH
Hello!
I already use TSM to backup about 90 MS/Sun/RedHat-Servers. Now i have to design a system to backup about 130 Server with TSM.
However: Has anyone an idea for me, how i can monitor or test how fast tsm writes to a diskpool? I have to test different Disksystems with TSM... And in our Infrastructure, the Network isn't the Bottleneck...
Thanx for Help...

Just a guess, but maybe if you turn off client-side compression it might go faster?

THROUGH PUT FOR SESSIONS
select session_id as "Session", client_name as "Client", state as "State", current_timestamp-start_time as "Elapsed Time", (cast(bytes_sent as decimal(18,0)) / cast((current_timestamp-start_time)seconds as decimal(18,0))) as "Bytes sent/second", (cast(bytes_received as decimal(18,0)) / cast((current_timestamp-start_time)seconds as decimal(18,0))) as "Bytes received/second" from sessions

As much as I hate searching IBM's website, the TSM admin books do contain some good stock queries.

THROUGH PUT FOR PROCESSES:
select process_num as "Number", process, current_timestamp-start_time as "Elapsed Time", (cast(files_processed as decimal(18,0)) / cast((current_timestamp-start_time)seconds as decimal(18,0))) as "Files/second", (cast(bytes_processed as decimal(18,0)) / cast((current_timestamp-start_time)seconds as decimal(18,0))) as "Bytes/second" from processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back