Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TSM database move between servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2003
US
Hi,

I would like to know the step by step by procedure for the following move.

I have TSMSERVER1 AND TSMSERVER TWO AIX servers.

TSMSERVER1 has 2 TSM instances A,B
TSMSERVER2 has 1 TSM instance C

I want to move TSM instance B from TSM SERVER1 TO TSMSERVER2 with instance name as D on TSMSERVER2.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks in Advance
TSM Support

We have the following:

TSMSERVER1 has 2 TSM instances A,B
TSMSERVER2 has 1 TSM instance C

And we to move TSM instance B from TSM SERVER1 TO TSMSERVER2 with instance name as D on TSMSERVER2.

The only way to acomplish this feat is to,
export the TSM Server B and import it into TSM Server D.

Can not take the database backup from TSM Server B and restore it into TSM Server D. If we do, we will be over writting the data that is already present for TSM Server D with the data from TSM Server B.

God Luck,
Sias

Yes you can combine the database from TSM 1 to TSM 2.

Export the database from TSM1 then import the database into TSM2.

The commands that we will be using are 'export server' and
'import server.' (No quotes)

For more detail information about the commands look it up in the TSM Reference Guide .

Good Luck,
Sias

There is one thing that I forgot to ask.

Is TSM Server 1 and TSM Server 2 running the same TSM version?

If not, we can not export/import the server since the tables in the database are not the same from version to version.

Let's say the we are running TSM Server 5.1.2.0 on system A and TSM 5.1.9.0 system B, we should be fine.

If the operating system is AIX, I would make sure that the versions are exactly the same since sometimes in the maintenance level there will be a database update.

Q: I am running AIX, how do I know if I have to stop at a particluar level before upgrading to the latest maintenance code.

A: Simple, read the readme file it will indicate if a particular version need to be installed. If there are no indication then we can upgrade to the latest maintenance code without having to stop at a certian level.

Good Luck,
Sias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back