Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TSM CERTIFICATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2003
US
Hi Guys,

I AM PREPARING FOR THE EXAM 872 for that i need all of your help.

i am preparing for this by reading 2 books
1).Tivoli manager concepts
2).Tivoli manager 5.2 administration guide

is this enough or do i need to read any of the other books

the following questions i got from our friends in this site.can any of you please give
the correct answers for the following questions.

1. You have a TSM client that needs to backup to TSM server KNOX and archive data to TSM server BRINKS. How do you setup a TSM Unix client to allow for this request? (Hint: opt & sys)

Ans :- dsm.sys

2. The TSM server has been unable to backup all the clients for the last week. The window is set for 5 hours. The max sessions are set to 40, and max scheduled sessions was set at 35. The average backup takes an hour. There are 80 systems that need to backup. The window can only be increased by 3 hours. Will this solve the problem? Why not? What else needs to be changed to resolve the situation?

3. The TSM Library is running out of scratch tapes, however, there are not many slots for new scratch. It seems daily reclamation is not freeing up enough tapes. When you query the library more thoroughly you find that over 100 tapes are marked as DBBackups. What command allows for querying the library volumes? Why are there so many DB backups in the library? How can you fix this problem?

4. Your TSM server’s log is always filling up and locking up the server. The problem is that the log size is at its max size limit. What can be done to keep the log from filling up? What might you also consider if this is a common occurrence?

5. Can the TSM server self tune transaction sizes? If yes then explain how?

6. Can the TSM server self tune bufferpool space? If yes then explain how?

Ans :- True, server options file (dsmserv.opt)

7. The TSM database is a relational DB, True or False?
Ans :- True

8. The TSM database is allotted in increments of 5MB, True or False?

Ans :- True

9. What is the seven step procedure for setting up a working Policy Domain?

10. Node HOMER was recently moved from domain SMALLSERV to domain BIGSERV. Since the move he has not run a scheduled backup. Why is that? What must be done?

11. When HOMER was fixed and ran a backup the backup summary stated that over 5000 files were marked for deletion and 450,000 were rebound. What caused this? Is this good or bad? (No wrong answer on the second part)

12. What is the difference between the DSMSERV FORMAT command when run on Unix compared to NT?

13. Cameron has 1 week to setup 6 remote TSM servers. He has network connectivity to all 6. What would be the easiest way for Cameron to setup the six boxes with the best of ease? What are the steps to allow for this method for the server setups? (Hint: Advance Admin: Book)

Extra Credit:

A node is unable to retain its password so that the TSM scheduler can run. What should you check? Also after making sure that the statement is in the dsm.opt, where might you look for a quick answer?

Thanks in advance

Tsm support

I cannot give you answers to the questions due to a non-disclosure statement signed during the test. I will tell you that you will need to fully understand the Admin Guide, Concepts, and the Quick installation guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back