Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TSM API call returned failure in function mbGetEvent, rc =-8359

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcc1035

Technical User
Feb 27, 2004
US
Hello guys! I need some help here. Below is an error that i've been recieving for sometime now:

TSM API call returned failure in function mbGetEvent, rc =-8359

This error is printed in the event logs. What i always do is i am restarting the server to eliminate the error but after 1 or 2 weeks, it comes back again. Restarting is not solving the problem.

The Help on Event says that i have to restart Time Server Service. I've done that before and problems came so i just restarted the server again.

Is there a way to know what have caused this problem and how to eliminate it? I hope you guys can help. Thanks!!!

Jed

I have seen this error when time on M1 and SCCS does not synchronize. Check that "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" are turned off on SCCS. Be sure you have installed the latest SU on server.

jcc1035,

Good suggestion Skaret. Also, go to the services on the SCCS server and make sure that the following two services are disabled.
- Automatic Updates
- Windows Time

...good luck!
DanOoo

Is the server in a domain or workgroup??? What if any applications do you have running behind the server? Do you have a 3rd party app. using Symposium link? Also look at the PBX in ld 22 prt parm. Make sure that MCGR=25. The TSM is the TAPI service between the SCCS and the M1. You may have a probelm with the PBX settings. Also make sure that the CSQI and CSQO=255 in ld 22 parm.

TWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back