Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TSLV Record not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeyer

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2002
US
I have been writing reports in Crystal 8.5 Pro. Our users use the reports in an application that uses CRView to show the reports. The application recently upgraded this to CRView for 9.0 and my reports don't run. No errors unless I open the CRView.exe and run it by itself. I then get a "TSLV record not found" error.

I read somewhere that running a hot fix on Crystal will fix this.
Any ideas?

I would expect to see this kind of an error if you were opening a version 9 Report with the version of CRView prior to v9.

The error is usually indicative of

1. corrupt report. It does run in CR8.5 so this is not the case

2. Incorrect report version. If your report is v8.5 and you are opening with a v9 versioned tool, this should not be it

3. The 3rd party tool you are using is missing or has misregistered some of its runtime. For this I would contact the vendor and inform them of this.

What happens if you convert the report itself to version 9 and run it through this tool? (make sure you back it up first)

Here is a KBase I found that with give you some info on what exaclty a TLV record is

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back