Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tscom300.out HP-UX vs. Solaris

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankW

Programmer
Mar 10, 2003
FI
Hi,

Ok, so I have batch runs that have been rigged to run with shell scripts. Using 5.2. iway server (works with older EDA)

In HP-UX 11i I have several (hundred) where the basic m.o. is:

1)
#test.sh
exec /ibi/srv52/home/bin/tscom300.out
-f "/focus/test"

2)
#test.t3i
%CONNECT
%begin
EX test.fex
%end
%disconnect
%stop_server

so the batch run is like 4 dominoes *.sh =>*.t3i =>*.fex and output goes to =>*.t3o . Thus the edatemp files are where they have been assigned to in my configurations and when the server disconnects the temp files disappear etc.

However,

I have *identical* server installation on a Solaris 8, where the shell gives me an error:

r1edaenv: r1cfgini: cannot read config file

Which is just *what* config it is trying to read?

OK, I can get the Solaris to run the identical shell with:

exec /data/ibi/srv52/wfs/bin/edastart -f "/focus/test",

But then the edatemp is the directory where it starts - *all* the hold files etc. are left in the directory, and when the program exits they are left there.

So my question is twofold:
Q1: - If I can, how can I get the tscom300.out option to work on Solaris 8?
Q2: - If I can't get the tscom300.out to work, where do I need to reconfigure the edatemp pointer for edastart, so as to get it work ing and exiting without leaving stuff 'hanging' on the disk?

I'm having a deadline and the Solaris in on DB2 I am having trouble with so my brain is fried with this - it might be just one simple thing but I am just running in circles. Any pointers & tips appreciated.

Cheers,
Hank W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back