Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TSC AC2 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindamartine

Technical User
Mar 25, 2006
US
I know this is kind of long. I want to give as much info as possible. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I have an Option-11 with a TIE line over to an Option81. All calls go out at the 81 site. We have several routes for LD and local calls to go out. (we have other Option-11 Tied to the 81 also-other customers-govt. agencies)
The customer at the 11 dials 9 and whatever number and that all works fine. The route they go out does not allow caller ID and that is what they want for dial 9.
They want to be able to dial 8 and have it go out a route that does allow caller ID (they have to call local jails that will not accept collect calls without caller id).
I have 8 built as a TSC at the 11 and 8 set up as AC2 on the 81
side with 2-9 built as SPNs pointing to the route that passes caller id. They dial 8 and a local number and get a busy. When I trace the phone it shows the number they dialed and reorder. Is the re-order coming from the 11 or the 81 and what is blocking it?

What happens if you dial 8+ at the 81? Dose the call go out correctly?

I'm assuming your route that allows Caller ID is a PRI - and you're talking about outbound caller ID, correct? if that's the case, your provider is expecting the correct NPI and TON in the call setup. I'm also betting calling out the 81C via this PRI doesn't work with AC2+number...

You need to ensure the following:
1) NPI and TON are correct
2) Make sure the format your PRI provider wants: 1+NPA+NXX for all calls? Or NPA+NXX for all calls? Some mix of 10D or 11D dialing? 7D dialing (NXX)?
3) If you're set on using SPN's behind AC2, then make sure you route it thru a DMI to change the NPI and TON.

If my assumption is correct that your outbound route with CLID is a PRI, can you post a DCH trace of an outbound call from the 81C to that route, as well as a DCH trace (also on the PRI, 81C) when the 11C users dial 8+. Also posting your carrier's dial plan would be helpful.

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer Sr.

Matt I bet his 8+ from the 11 is not even getting to the 81. Probably needs a dmi in the 11 to correct the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back