Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TS2003 - ALL printers showing for ALL clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhaywood

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
GB
Apologies in advance if this has already been answered previously.

When a client connects to our TS server with the RDC client rather than just being able to see their own local mapped printer and any server printers they have permissions for they see every printer mapped for any clients currently logged in.

After a quick look I noticed in the security settings for all the offending printers that there was an Unknown Account (S-1-5-32-547) which when deleted from the permissions stopped the drives being visible.

I'm not sure where the account is coming from or how to stop it in the first instance.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Duncan

OK, I found that the SID for the unknown account is supposed to be for the Buit-In Power Users account.

But where's it disappeared to?

I can't believe I've asked a question no-one can help me with!

Normally this occurs if the user logging in has domain admin level privileges.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

They're just normal users. We have a separate OU that contains the 4 admins we have at our company.

Plus I can't understand why the account seems to be missing from the Built-In container in AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back