Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lin73

Programmer
Feb 17, 2006
SE
I wonder how many Terminal server licenses there are built in Win 2008? Beacuse I get eventID 1069 error regarding the licenses in the server. Note I only need 2 licenses, how do I get rid of that error mesage, do I need to buy licenses, I thought that there where 2 licenses with the server

2 connections for "Remote Administration". This doesn't cover TS though. If you enable terminal services, you will need to setup a TS license server and have the appropriate licenses.

there are 2 modes for it - by default you don't want to install TS, you just want to enable RDP which is different.

"Remote Administration Mode" gives you 2 logins, TS is not really what you want if its just for administering the server, TS is more for application serving to your clients.

To enable it you go to System Properties > "Remote" tab and select it - thats literally all you need to do for a default setup. You don't need to install TS role or TS license management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back