Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TS Logoff question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieLoMain

Technical User
May 30, 2001
US
I have an application server running with several users connecting simultaneously.

Users have 2 choices for terminating their sessions: log off OR disconnect. I have instructed all Users to Log off and to not choose disconnect.

When I log in as ADMIN after hours and I run the TS Manager I often see Users who say they have logged off but who show up in the manager as "Disconnected".

There are other users who log off and are not present when they have logged off.

It seems to me that I am sseing this problem with the same Users and I have watched them do the Log Off to ensure that they are doing this corectly.

Is there any explanation for why this might be hapening, what the ramifiactions are of having them persist as "dosconnected" and also how to correct.

Also, what is the difference between a disconnect and a log off anyway

TY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back