Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TS Licenses: One device has multiple licenses used

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfooshee

Vendor
Jan 28, 2003
US
A customer showed me the license usage screen on his Server 2003 TS Licensing screen. He has 9 CALs, installed as per-device. One station name shows as having 6 permanent licenses and 9 temporary licenses. Some of the temporaries are 2 per day, like it's getting one at the start of the day and another logging back on after lunch.

Other devices listed show one permanent license, as I'd expect, and I have devices not listed that I know are using the system.

I feel like the screen is not identifying stations correctly, but I don't really understand how that could happen. Between permanent and temporary, there are more licenses assigned than stations in use, which is troubling.

Suggestions? Is this actually a non-issue? Should I re-boot the TS License server? Is my license database corrupted, meaning I have to go to Microsoft for help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back