Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TS and two network adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny

Programmer
Jun 14, 1999
IT
With Windows 2000 TS, I want to get this target:
configuring 2 different RDP-TCP TS connection, one with auto-logon, so that users have not to login, and one other with explicit logon.
In that way I could setting a particular application to the "automatic user" and low security rights, leaving administration and high user profile to the explicit users.

To get this target, can I install two different network adapter on the same server? I have only TCP-IP as network protocol, so I don't think to have an alternative, if I want to configure two different RDP-TCP TS connection.

Any suggests will be appreciated.

correct me if I am wrong, but I see no purpose for the network cards at all. this is a separate issue which has nothing to do with the TS ?

you can configure client connection on a desktop, and there you can activate the autologon, and you can create another client connection which you have to fill in the logon ID and password yourself to gain access with less restrictions.

I ommitted to say that I don't want to configure each client... I use TSAC in browser version, so that I have not to install NOTHING over the client, except of TS activex client, installed through browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back