Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tryng to add new drive to Backup Exec 7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenScoville

Technical User
Nov 30, 2001
US
I know Backup Exec 7.2 is way old, but I'm hoping somebody might remember how to address my problem.

I had a drive (AIT-2, SDX-500C/L) failure and had to replace a drive. When I installed the new drive, Backup Exec continued to think it was the old drive (e.g., it still thought it had a tape stuck in it). So I deleted the &quot;old&quot; drive. Now Backup Exec only recognizes the newly installed drive as <Unknown Drive> and won't let me configure it using the &quot;New Device&quot; wizard. Instead the wizard tries to help by having me click on the &quot;Configure Device&quot; button which takes me to Windows NT dialog that shows that NT is recognizing my drive (also saw the BIOS recognize it during boot) and that the driver is loaded. Nonetheless Backup Exec refuses to configure the drive, only showing me the changer.

I'm wondering if there might be a corrupted/old config file that tracks the installed drives that I can delete/rename.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back