Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to write a string containing value "\" via web service

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorusso72

MIS
Sep 7, 2007
CA
The web service I created with Perl to pass data to SQL runs great except for 1 field. The field typically containg data with the "\" representing a '\' in my app. I'm looking for a way to write that value to the SQL field without it being converted to '\'. I want my app that reads that field to do the conversion.

Please help!

what error do you get if you try and write
'&#92' to sql?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[noevil]
Travis - Those Who Say It Cannot Be Done Are Usually Interrupted by Someone Else Doing It; Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions;

I actually don't get an error...the value gets converted to '\' when I look at the field in my SQL table. I need the value to remain as is so my app recognizes the value as a hyperlink.

Are you sure the app your using to view the table isn't converting it for viewing? Have you tried pulling it back out and seeing what it says?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[noevil]
Travis - Those Who Say It Cannot Be Done Are Usually Interrupted by Someone Else Doing It; Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back