Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to use Jabber Windows Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateRD25

MIS
Sep 17, 2007
US
I am trying to setup Jabber Windows Client 10.6. We do not have Presence, but it looks like I can use our 9.x call manager with the Jabber to get it working. I am at the point where I am trying to log into the Jabber and it is looking for a username@domain.com. Do I need to use LDAP integration to get this to work or can I manually set something up?

So to clarify. You are trying to run jabber in phone mode only?
Make sure your cucm servers are in DNS.
Make sure your csf device is assigned to your used ID.
Use your user id to log in

I would like to use the video part as well if I could. I will have my network person put my CUCM servers in DNS and see. Would my UserID be what my end user is?

The logon for the Jabber client must match the End User profile name and password that you associate to the CSF profile on the CUCM. Once you set the Jabber client to log into a CUCM 9 or later, it should just take a username without a @domain.com. I'm basically using it like you want to right now. It's a softphone only with video support. No Jabber IM, so no CUPS infrastructure.

Other notes, for the End User profile, make sure you specify a Service Profile. In the Service Profile, you specify different UC services that Jabber uses for configuration (such as Visual Voice Mail and CTI settings). For IM and Presence, leave it set to None.

I don't know what I had but I have it working now. Doesn't seem like we can perform any transfers are anything too fancy.

Transfer and Conference should be under the More button once a call is active. You are limited to just a single line, so if that's an issue, IP Communicator may still be your best choice. It's also a bit different to use, but not bad once you get used to it.

Thank you for the response. I did find those options under the "more" button. The client works pretty slick, and the video portions seems ok on our network.

This forum is awesome, btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back