Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to upgrade motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpowell1

MIS
Mar 30, 2004
US
Server 2003 SP2 - I'm trying to upgrade the mb from an Intel SE7210TP1 to an Intel S3200. The O/S is booting to the same Adaptec RAID 1420SA controller but when I fire it up on the new board the Windows scroll starts streaming at a typical rate for several passes then slows to a crawl (not a lockup, just really slow)and never leaves that point. I've always been able to get Server 2003 to come to life with new boards as long as I used the same controller so I'm not sure what's causing it to hang. Any thoughts?

Is it the same HAL type as well? Other drivers can interfere. Is it possible to install the Mobo in another computer wint 2003 SP2 fresh and compare the HW changes?

Search MS's site for Q249694 on how to install Windows to new hardware. If you disable all non windows service like Exchange, sql, av, etc before you change the hardware it should fall back into place after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back