Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to suprres some unnecessary records,pls HELP because I'm puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLTU

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
NL
Hi All,

Version 8.5
ODBC

Main rep. Sub rep.

ID in system ID on stock
A A
B B
C C
D Empty (no stock,no records)
E E
F F
G Empty (no stock,no records)
H Empty (no stock,no records)
I I

I'm trying to compare some ID's between the DATA and Stock system.This is a checkreport to see if we have shipped the units which are known in datasystem.
I want to suppress the records in sub rep which does have a record and to show only empty records.

Suppressed Suppressed Suppressed Suppressed
Suppressed Suppressed
D Empty (no stock,no records)
Suppressed Suppressed
Suppressed Suppressed
G Empty (no stock,no records)
H Empty (no stock,no records)
Suppressed Suppressed

I'm puzzled here because i can't suppress the records in main report also if I don't have records in my sub reports

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, MHP

Dadas

Is the sub report necessary ?

Would it not be better to link the the two tables in the main report and then test in the selection criteria for the empty stock.

selection criteria

isnull({id on stock}) or
{id on stock} = 0

Crystal has a 'flow', a fixed cycle that you have to slot your own code into. It isn't a full programing language: that's the price you pay for a software tool that can be used to produced a nice-looking report very quickly.

The results of a subreport are not available until the next section below the section that holds the subreport. No way round that.

herbsza's suggestion ought to work. Note that you'll need a 'Left Outer' link - a normal join from Table A to Table B will exclude anything which is just in Table A and not Table B

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Thanks for your reply but this doesn't help,

I must use a subreport because I get very strange
records if I use in one main report(also I tried this before I logged this problem here in tek-tips)

any other suggestions,solutions are welcome :)

You could place the subreport twice, the first time reduced to be very small and in a section above the section you want to use.

Or you could venture into Stored procedures, which would mean learning a bit of SQL. Picking up enough to link records is not too difficult, and there is an SQL forum here.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back