Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to setup VM lab - can't register softphone, no DSP resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinney

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2004
US
I setup a virtual server with CM8.1, WebLM, and Media Server 8. However, I can't get one-x Communicator to register (H.323) with CM and get a 2041 denial (no DSP resources).

From what I'm reading I have everything I need in my environment.

Everything can reach everything. They are all on the same subnet, same ip-network-region/location. Everything can ping everything.

The signaling group is setup between CM and the Media server (tried TCP and TLS and using TCP made sure I setup the CM IP as trusted in the media server. Media server is built. IP Network Map created (but since everything is in NR 1, location 1, wasn't really necessary).

I don't have licenses, but the CM is running in a 30 day permissive mode and I have all the commands available, did the whole save trans and reset system 4 to get this working.

The Media Server - System Status, Element Status, Operational State shows as Unlocked, Service Status is Started. The system is showing alarms "Media Server instance is not licensed". I don't have licenses but we thought that this would also run in a 30 day permissive mode. My fear is that this is not the case.

If I status the Media Server in CM it shows in a state of no-license.

A list directory source M1 in CM shows as Media Server out of service.

Am I SOL and have to have licenses for the media server? Will it not run in a 30 day permissive mode? Or am I missing something somewhere?

Thanks.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Got PLDS access? You can generate a troubleshooting license that lasts 30 days. Or, get a real gateway

Haven't used a media server yet as I got piles of G450's, but I did recently turn up a CM before I had the G450 registered and got the exact same results. Denial event because of no DSP's. Added the G450 and everything worked.

Was hoping not to have to get a gateway, but I might have to.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back