Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to setup new modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrathchild

Technical User
Aug 24, 2001
US
I just got a D-link DCM-202 modem to replace my DCM-200 modem. I could never get a router to work with the 200, so I bought the 202, hoping for good router compatibility and possibly increased speed. I spent about 4 or 5 hours yesterday trying to get the thing working, but to no avail. Called ISP twice and they can't do anything or even ping me. I can't ping myself. I tried a bunch of settings, but since they can't ping me, I doubt settings will help. The only thing I did notice was under the ARP settings was that there were 2 internet addresses, which I thought was odd...I think they're should only be one? I may have given the ISP an incorrect address to ping. I'm going to play with it some more today and try to reset the ARP stuff. Anybody have any other ideas?
thanks!

figured it out...for some reason I had 2 ARP entries...I deleted them and then readded just the first one. Works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back