Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to setup Key Lamp Module - AOM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

olympus41

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2002
US
Hello,

I have a 2616 Nortel phone with a "KEYLAMP Module". I am trying to configure a key on the KEYLAMP Module (CHG Key 18 scr 8888). The PBX allows me to configure the key but I cannot dial-out on the phone using Key 18. I have set AOM to 1 in order to tell the PBX that the 2616 phone has an EXPANSION MODULE. Please help.

Is this the only key giving you problems? Make sure the ribbon cable connection is secure. Also, monitor your TTY (or check the history log) for any ERR080 messages. The message will include the TN and key #.

Are you sure you are counting the keys right? on the module it should be the third key up from the bottom left side. some people start counting with 1 instead of "0".

Just a suggestion

It ended up being the 2616 phone. I tried the module on another 2616 and it worked fine. Thanks for the help.

Just an FYI....the older meridian sets required a transformer to provide power for the AOM. The third pair was used (white/green)of the line cord. The newer sets has this power to drive the AOM internal. "if it don't ring, it ain't my thing"

The power was only needed to power the lamps, the keys still worked only you didn't see the light on the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back