Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to set up shared contacts list

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBOXrandy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2002
US
I am trying to set up a list of contacts that certain sales people can access. I want it to look the same for all of the people that have access to and can edit it. With certain fields being mandatory to fill in. What is the best way of accomplishing this? Would I have to set it up on the Exchange Server or can I just set it up under my public folders? When I set it up under the public folders all the formating, column names and order etc., don't synch with the other users. I've added a couple custom fields and want all user to have them without having to visit each users pc.

Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2000

We use Dept/Group contact lists in our Exchange system, which we have created under the Public Folders. Our needs are fairly simple, but this approach works well.

Things are setup such that there is 1 or 2 Editors and the rest of the group/dept have Reviewer access. The 'View' used fore each contact folder is determined by the Group and then set as default (it may be different dept to dept).

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back