Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to Set up a Calculation Field to a Report in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bpmarks

Instructor
Dec 10, 2002
US
Okay. What I need to do is add a field to my report that calculates values from the column above it. I want the field not to appear after every record, rather at the end, once all the records have been displayed. I know it sounds easy, and I'm sure its possible, but it is driving me insane. Please help. Thanks.

Bpmarks,
Place a textbox in the report footer and make the calculations.
OR
If you created your report with the report wizard and used a "crosstab query" it puts strange syntax in the text box of the detail section. For instance, if you have a field "number sold" and asked the wizard to sum the values, the "control source" for the field becomes;

Total Of Sum Of NUMBER SOLD

Therefore, if you want a totals sum in the report footer the
control source for the text box in the report footer will be;

=Sum([Total Of Sum Of NUMBER SOLD])

Hope this helps you.
Jim

Thank you Jim for your reply. I was trying to get it to work in the page footer. I feel quite the fool. Thanks for taking me to school. Ciao.

Another question along the same lines....In the report, how can I besides printing out the amount as a detail line also print the percentage of that value to the total amount next to it?

Thank you.

looke,
make a textbox and in the control source place
=[yourfield]/sum([yourfield])
then change the format to percent.
jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back