Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to segment reports out and email them

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtterp

Technical User
Mar 3, 2001
US
I have a query that runs againts an OBDC table, and a local table. The OBDC table holds our tickets for the help desk. When an analyst transfers a ticket to another department, unless they write down the ticket number, they have no way to track it to see the result (fix). I have been asked to create a report that will find the completed tickets. The local table is the user names of the analyst that I use to find the tickets that the analyst have started.

I have the query running fine. I then based a report off the query. The information from the query is good info, and I have grouped it by the analyst user name. The grouping works fine, but what I am trying to do from this point is to ahve each user name start a new page. It works to a point of almost putting it to the top of the page, but the analyst name do not start the top of the page.

I also have just started to look at the automated part to email the page that is generated by the report to the respective analyst. The table I have for the user name also contains the email address. I looked into the properties of the form to run a macro, but just havent got it to work. I think that if I am able to generate a report then email each report, then I should have it licked. Any one with any ideas on how to complete this task would be appriciated greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back