Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to remove MN3300 from SDS Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1fanatic

Programmer
Jan 28, 2008
GB
Hi all,

I have done the above following the steps in the ESM help, and all is ok, apart from i canot remove the node from Network Element assignment, i have removed the IP, and only the name is on the entry, yet i get aneeror when trying to delete that says,

"Cannot delete Network Element Roevrd that has an entry in hosted system service"

I have checked RDN and Tel Dir, and there are no rogue entries left from the node removed, and as stated followed the ESM help to the letter, this is the only issue i have. Below is an extract from the logs on the system i am trying to delete the node from.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

All Maintenance/Software Logs vid1.1 11.0.1.26
0 1 2 3 4 6 8
Log Type Log Number Severity Date Time Source Description
Software 4810 Warning 2012/Sep/20 16:50:25 ESM_CAVH_SUPER_NETWORK_ELEMENT CheckNoEntryInHostedSvcForGuid->Cannot delete N/W element record, hosted service entry exists for 0

This can only be done by debug command. You have an entry in the database under ESM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back