Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to print images from browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennya

Programmer
Aug 8, 2001
GB
I am trying to suss why I cannot print a page from my company website at There is a facility there to view a historical map in a page which should be printable. In the office it prints to the LaserJet printer just lovely but at home when I try the exact same thing I get a printout with a red cross in the top left corner of where the image should be. The HTML shows that the image is in a table which in turn is in a form - should this cause problems? - any help would be gratefully received.

kennya,

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools>Internet Options, click the Advanced tab and make sure "show image download place- holders" is unchecked. Then check the Printing section and try checking the "print background colors and images" entry.

reghakr

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Place-holders was unchecked and I checked print background.. as suggested. The first print out actually had an image but whereas on screen it is a black and white image it printed out in orange/purple!! Is this just IE being crap?
Also any subsequent prints resulted in just the red cross being displayed as before.

Still confused! More help needed please!

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back