Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to print from Windows 8 "This app can't send to other devices at the moment"

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylo40

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2003
GB
Hello,

Wonder whether you can help me. Have had the same printer for a number of years "HP Photosmart C4780" - this worked fine with my old operating system. Few months ago, upgraded to windows 8

The windows app will print one photo at a time ok, however, when I select more than 1 photo and try to print, I get the following error "This app can't send to other devices at the moment"

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Jamie

couldnt say. I have one similar and with Wifi and the printing to wifi in XP was great, but in win 7, it was always garbled. (USB was always perfect) I guess something similar is happening here.

I just gave up on it and drag it to the PC if I need to print or scan something...

ACSS - SME
General Geek

When you say "the windows app" gives you an error, what app are you referring to? Have you tried printing from other apps?

Also, have you tried printing to a different printer?

My point is that, in order to solve the problem, you first have to determine whether it's the application, operating system or hardware that's causing it.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Have you checked to see if you have the latest software and drivers for your Printer and Windows 8? While your there have a look around the rest of the site for diagnostic and troubleshooting support.

HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One Printer Drivers & Downloads

Are you signed in with a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?

Introducing Windows 8: Should You Use a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?

What happens if you create and test with another Windows user?

See if the program can diagnose any problems and fix them.

Download and run the Modern UI App troubleshooter and check.

What to do if you have problems with an app

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back