Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to print directly to envelopes from CR 8.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimRochette

Technical User
May 14, 2001
US
I am attempting to run standard size 10 envelopes directly from Crystal Reports, as it is the built-in second party reporting tool for a Deltek software package that our company uses. I have already set my File -->Printer Set Up ---> Paper size to Envelopes #10. I have also turned all my fields 90 degrees, spaced all the fields right (Contact Name, Title, Client, Address 1, Address 2, Address last line) so that everything looked good in theory.
In theory, communism worked.
Our contact list is not always consistent. THere are not always 2 lines for the address, or sometimes a person's title is ommitted in our database. Therefore I have these huge, unacceptable, blank spaces on the middle of my envelopes.
I have not been able to find any information on columns within Crystal Reports that can fit my needs. Can I create Columns (vertical Rows), the suppress the blank fields from there, in order to stop spaces from appearing on my envelopes?
I currently only have one Detail section. Is there a way I can add Horizontal details, and then suppress the way blankk fields there?
Once again, I am basically a Crystal Reports Rookie, with Crystal Reports 8, and having a fair amount of frustration in Seagate for poor documentation!!!
Thanks in adavance,
Tim Rochette
S E A Consultants, Inc.

Put your address lines in multiple details sections and format each section to suppress if it is blank.

Here's how:
In the design tab, right-click on details and select "Insert Section Below". On each detail section, right-click and select "Format Section. Place a check mark in "Suppress Blank Section".

No this is not the solution. The fields are't one beneath the other, they are arranged vertically, not horizontally. I can only have one big detail withour a column. Otherwise, multiple details will cut off the 90 degree columns and/or not line up correctly. Therefore, that fix will not work.

Can you flip the envelope from portrait to landscape, or vice versa. Rotated text will give you no flexibility. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back