Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to move existing Perl script to a new server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRSOLO

Technical User
Jan 28, 2003
IE
I need to move a perl scripts program which downloads active directory users to a database, to another server. We setup the same version of perl on the new server moved all the files across and ran the batch files, they appear to run ok with no errors but no information is transferred across.

Server1 is the new server (DC) that I am trying to get the script working on,
This replaced an old server which was also called Server1 but is now renamed to Server3.

Server3 is the Machine where the script still runs correctly.

If I run the script
“perl usergroup2.pl -domaincontroller xxx.zzz.org” on Server3

While running it delivers the following output to screen and it works ok.

“returningreturning Building Group data from NT Win2K server”
“The Server xxx.zzz.org ff ‘GROUP_TYPE_GLOBAL’’”

If I run the script
“perl usergroup2.pl -domaincontroller xxx.zzz.org” on Server1

While running it delivers the following output (only the first line) to screen, closes without any other information and does not transfer the data.

"returningreturning Building Group data from NT Win2K server”

Appreciate any assistance

I'd suggest throwing in some debugging information inside the script to see where it's actually failing. Just off the top of my head it may not actually be connecting to the active directory from this new server and therefore, exiting normally without processing any records.

But, without the debugging output, it's difficult to tell...

- George

I agree with Rieekan! This is one of the many reasons to develop test suites for your code!

Let us know your results!

X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back