Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trying to make an animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaron45

Technical User
Aug 13, 2003
US
ok, im using the FAQ to make an imageready animation and when I change one of my animation frames they all change with it. I want make on animation frame different then the other... therefore defeating the purpose of an animation in the first place. can someone please help me.... im a new user by the way.

They key to getting the frames with the correct image objects is organize all your image components in different layers. That way when you are adding a new frame in your animation, you just turn on/off the layer/s for the desired objects. Does that make sense?

im still kinda confused.... I have all the layers (4), and I have 4 frames made from the first one like said in the FAQ. Then when I reorder the second frames layers to change the visible layer it changes the first one too. I just need to know how to get around that, and the FAQ isnt telling me what to do. To put it into a short summary,' the visible layer of all 4 frames is changing when I reorder the layers of any one of my animation frames'. I dont understand why that happening. Also when you guys respond can you state it a little simpler for me... im no stranger to HTML and computers but I am to the world of photoshop and imageready. I know a bit about photoshop but very little about imageready. BTW thank you for taking the time to respond <3 <3 <3

Hi again,
Spyderix's FAQ was very good. If you follow his instructions, you shouldn't be having a problem. It's not necessary to REORDER the layers. As you add frames to your animation, just turn ON or OFF the layers that you want to appear in that frame. Make sure you have that frame selected (it will be highlighted) when you are turning on or off the layers you desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back