Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to make a shopping cart-like form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2002
US
I am trying to design a form which can be used to order supplies for our laboratory. I have a table which contains a list of lab supplies (vendor, description, price, catalog number etc). On the form, I would like to first select the vendor using a combo box (I can handle it to here).

I would then like to have a subform which, after selecting the vendor (as a filter), will allow me to add item to the "order". I have seen this done as a subform in datasheet view where, as items are added, the data sheet adds a blank line to the bottom of the growing list. I have seen examples of "synchronized" combo boxes online and can pretty much follow what is happening but haven't been able to make it happen in this application.

After the items are selected, I would like to save the order by assigning a unique OrderID and print a paper copy. I can noodle this part out.

Thanks in advance.

As a starting point you may have a look at the Northwind sample database.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Northwind has a form which is very close to what I need to accomplish. The difference is that on their Order form you select a customer and then you add any number of products to the order. The list of products is not filtered by any other parameter on the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back