Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to get rid of a couple of parameters…

Status
Not open for further replies.

oop94

Programmer
Jun 14, 2005
US
Hello again,
I created a form from a query which before loading all the controls asks for the Item ID (parameter). This form has two subforms that depend on another two queries; since I want them to show the info for the same item, all three ask for the Item ID, which can be kind of annnoying and does not look too professional. Is there a way I can get rid of two of the pop-ups and still have the three forms display the info of the same item?

And my second question: After the Item ID is entered 3 times, all the info is displayed on the forms. But, if I click the arrow on the bottom of the form (to supposedly go to the next time...but it should not be possible to do this), a "Enter parameter value" window pops-up (one just like the Item id one), and I have no clue where it came from. I cannot find it in the code; and I really want to get rid of it. I could use all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance!

Don't use the default InputBox parameter but a form's textbox.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back