Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trying to get into setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny45

Technical User
Apr 9, 2007
US
I am trying to get into setup to tell the computer to boot up to a disk to load XP-Pro on the machine but hitting the delete key ,f2, f10,f11 or most any combination didnt work, this ia a first for me. Can anyone out there give me some advice on how to deal with this the computer is a compac lap top. Any help would be great at this point thanks soooo much Kenny

Compaq laptops usually work with f10. or delete.
I believe f8 at bootup, will give you the boot order option menu. you can then select the Cd from it.
If not you could go into Compaq's website and look for the specific model. Maybe there is some info in the online manual for it or something.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

thank you so much Ill try the f8 and see if that dose it thanks kenny45_hotmail.com

THAT DIDNT WORK EITHER ANY OTHER IDEAS TO TRY SOME ONE OUT THERE MUST KNOW!!! THANKS KENNY

I'll ask again, What model of Compaq laptop is it? is there anything that can help in the online manual at Compaq's
website???

And please don't make multiple posts, it makes it hard to keep track of the thread, and what things have been suggested.

I'll continue in the other thread just so everything is in one place.

This thread continues here: thread616-1362486.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back