Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to find Speech SDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrost10

Programmer
Jun 3, 2001
CA
Hey guys,

At my last gig one of the guys there downloaded a really kewl speech sdk from Microsoft. In the example windows form app it containted, you'd type in some words, hit a button, and the app would read back to you what you said (hearing a computer asking "who's your daddy" is pretty funny).

Anyway, I'm trying to find it on Microsoft's site, but all I'm coming up with is their new ASP.NET based speech sdk Beta 2.0, which isn't what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and where I can find it?

thanks,

D'Arcy

see, I thought that was the one, except that it didn't have the example app that the one we downloaded at my last gig did.

It was this app that allowed you to pick what avatar showed up (a wizard, or a professor, or another cartoon character), and it would speak whatever you typed in.

Mind you, it could have been a C# example (I only have vb.net at home), but when we looked at the code it looked like VB, so I doubt it.

Do you know if the new speech sdk classes can be used for windows forms and not just asp.net applications?

Thanks,

D

After you fully install, go to the start menu and look for the programs->microsoft speech sdk 5.1->visual basic samples->vb tts application
this is what you are looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back