Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to find a phone that may be forwarded

Status
Not open for further replies.

clindgren

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2009
US
Hi all,

I may have a phone in my organization that is forwarded to an outside # 9,xxx-xxxx. I am getting calls from people outside my company saying they are getting calls from xxx-6300. I believe the operator in the front is transferring calls to an extension in the building and it is then being forwarded and the user may have fat fingered the number when he/she setup forward all on their phone. Is there a way to search for all phones that have active forwarding on? The system is Cisco call manager 9.1 and the phones are 7821's, 7841's, 7942's, 7962's, 7965's.

Thanks,

Chris

What version of CM? There is a way to do it via SQL with BE. Otherwise, I would suggest running a debug on your gateway(s) and trying to capture it. Its most likely going to be very hard to track down.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

I was able to use the Bulk Administration/Phones/Generate phone reports.

Device Fields - Device pool
Line Fields - Forward All Destination

Exported the results to Excel and saw all the phones with forward all and the number it was forwarded to. This ruled out my theory. No phones were forwarded to these outside numbers. But at least I learned something.

Good idea. Hadn't thought of that.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor