Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trying to do first "hot spot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylornow

Technical User
Oct 16, 2000
US
Hello everybody-
Have just created a web page for work and would like to know if anyone can direct me to information on image mapping ? I have some files that need hot spots for direction elsewhere and I haven't a clue. In anyone's infant days of programming, did you find a good tutorial or site that could get me started ?

Thanks in advance
Taylor

hi taylor - image hotspots are a piece of cake in FP. if you've already inserted your image in the page, then click on it to select it. you'll see the drawing toolbar somewhere on your screen (probably at the bottom). on it you'll see 3 buttons for making hotspots - 1 is a rectangle, 1 is a circle, and 1 is for arbitrary shapes. just select one of the buttons, then go up to your image and draw the shape. once you've "made" the shape, a dialog box will pop up and let you enter the target URL.

to make more, you just hit the hotspot button again on the toolbar, and repeat the process.

to modify existing hotspots, just touch them (once made, they'll show up as outlined areas on your image while you've got the image selected in FP) and then rightclick to get the context menu, then select "modify hyperlinks".

have fun!

Thanks soooooooo much - I am going to give it a go right now !!

Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back