Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to do a year to date total each month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2004
US
I am using 8.5 with an access database.
We have a record for each transferee we do business with. In that record there is a field with a date in.
I need to create a report that will count those dates . I need a total date for the current month and then a YTD total each month.
The report should look like this:

Example: 2003 2004
Month YTD Month YTD
Jan 10 10 8 8
Feb 9 19 6 14
Mar 11 30 10 24
Etc.

I have gotten the Month number by Summarizing the date field (authorization.empl). How can I get a YTD total each month. I have tried to do a formula, YTDMonth, using my YTD formula and adding to it:
Count ({Employee.AuthorizationDate}, {Employee.AuthorizationDate}, "monthly") + {@YTDMonth}

but it gives me an error of “ a formula cannot refer to itself, directly or indirectly”.

Any suggestions about how I can do a Year to date total of the count each month.

Any Help would be appreciated.

For each month, subtract an entire year
Code:
DateAdd ("yyyy", -1, {@YTDMonth)

You can then get a total between the two dates. Note that yyyy is whole years, while y in this context is day of year

Madawc Williams (East Anglia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back