Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to detect Citrix ICA Client using javascript

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarrySteele

Programmer
May 18, 2004
US
Not so much in over my head on this as I am working outside my domain (vbScript, ActiveX and Citrix)...

We have an intranet site where we identify the person using the workstation - they enter their PIN to confirm there identity and away they go. This same pages has a "this isn't me" link to change the identity of the person logging into the site. This uses Citrix for credentialing. Works fine, lasts a long time. The only catch is that the workstation has to have Citrix client installed.

The request is to come up with a script that identifies if a version (any version) of Citrix client is installed. If yes, then proceed to the logon screen. If not, go through the Citrix client install process and then go to the logon screen. They have everything complete, except the first requirement - determining if Citrix is installed on the client.

We want to identify if *any* version is installed - we do not want to overwrite a previous version. We also don't want to use up bandwidth needlessly installing an application.

I've gone to the Great Google Machine with offerings and these seem to be the best I could find: and Here's search results from Citrix itself:
Seems like all the checks rely on vbScript creating an ActiveX object and we're looking for a javascript method (hence my posting in the javascript forum).

Any recommendations for detecting if Citrix client is installed using javascript?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back