Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to connect to Oracle....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcale4

Programmer
Aug 31, 2004
US
Hello,

I'm trying to connect to an Oracle 8i database via ODBC on Win2k. When i try to setup the system DSN, I get this error:

The Oracle(tm) client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3 (or greater) client software installation. You will be unable to use this driver until these components have been installed.

I've been trying to find the components referenced, but with no luck. I've read in some places that the required installation is called Net8, and have found ODBC driver installers on Oracle's website, but require Universal Installer, which i cant find!

I simply want to connect my DB2 UDB to Oracle to pull data.

Thank you!

Hi, jcale4

You will need to install the Oracle client software in order to do this. I'm not sure if the Oracle8i version is still available for download. If it is not then you can use the Oracle9i client software. These products can be found on the Oracle website.

Regards,

William Chadbourne
Oracle DBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back