Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trying to connect to - el1t3.biz & sp00kler.ma.cx

Status
Not open for further replies.

essgee

Programmer
Aug 27, 2004
GB
Hi

I just bought a new PC and installed windows xp pro.

When i first ran AVG it told me there was a IRC/Backdoor.sd1 virus amongst others. It couldn't remove so i downloaded sp2 then ran AVG again. Now according to AVG i am clean

HOWEVER,

when not connected to the net my PC keeps trying to connect (it says a program is trying to connect) to either el1t3.biz or sp00kler.ma.cx

i have no idea what is happening - have tried spybot, spyware, ad-aware, hi jack this, winpatrol

nothing can seem to kill it - whatever it is

can anyone please help ?

thanx

Maybe a visit to the well respected DiamondsCS site in Perth, Australia, might be worthwhile to try out TDS-3, Wormguard, Process Guard and Port Explorer. It wont hurt to read about them or try the free trials.

While your there grab a free copy of the AutoStart Viewer program and see what is actually loading at Start Up from all the many starting locations (more than listed in the MsConfig tool). Also grab the free IrClean and OpenPorts tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back