Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to connect to Cisco Unified Controller web interface: UC520W-16U-4FXO-K9

Status
Not open for further replies.

PThomp3344

Technical User
Jun 6, 2023
US
An old IP phone handset (Cisco IP Phone 524S) died and a replacement was bought (exact same model).

When connecting the phone to the network, its settings seem to match the configurations of the other Cisco IP phones that exist on the VOIP VLAN. However, there is no dial tone, which I am assuming is because it is not properly configured.

There are two devices which I suspect have control over the VOIP system, a Cisco small business switch (That I do have access to)and it has its VOIP VLAN settings to automatic and a Cisco small business/VOIP gateway (Cisco UC520W)which I do not have any access to.

Using the cisco configuration assistant software, I can look at the topology to see that the UC520 is connected to switch via port 4, and there are link lights (Also, the other phones on the network function properly). Everything runs on a 192.168.X.0/24 subnet, while the Cisco Configuration Assistant claims this UC520W sits on a 192.168.Y.0/24 subnet.

All of these devices are downstream of a cisco meraki MX67 which unfortunately, when I run an IP scan, ping, or check the Cisco meraki clients, none of these detect this UC520W and as a result I have no access to the web GUI which I suspect is the only way to properly configure this new handset.

This infrastructure and setup are inherited from another company that did not document their hardware/processes very well.

Is there any way I can somehow access the web GUI to the UC520W?

The UC520 is quite the antique at this point, End of Sale 2011, end of Support 2016.

It is just Call Manager Express and Unity Express under the hood. Try doing a port scan win NMAP or ZenMAP (windows) of the subnet and see what answers, it should have an HTTPS port open for Call Manager and Unity, may be separate IPs or 1 IP with links to CM and Unity from the main page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back