Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to automate a process with a .bat file and alwaysup **Not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttf22428

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2015
US
Let me first say that I am not a system admin but due to some departures at the company I work for, I am not in that role. So I hope that I am giving you all the information that you need to offer me some guidance.

We are a charter high school and just switched to a new system for data management of student information. This is a 2 part process.

PART 1: On my end there is an .exe file (written in autoit) that goes out to a url and logins in. Once that happens the process then goes out to another url and pulls the data down to a .csv file.

PART 2: There is a .vbs script that runs and adds the data to Active Directory creating the students login credentials.

The issue is the first part. When I run it manually it works and populates the .csv file with all the information that is supposed to be there. When I use alwaysup to automate this (ever 15 mins) it returns only the source code in the .csv file. Its the exact code if you go to that url and view sourece. Right off I was thinking that I needed to run the batch file as the administrator or that it was some kind of permissions issue.

At this point I am at a loss. I have worked on this for hours. Tried all the solutions I have read and still no resolution. School starts tomorrow and I really need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back