Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trusts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpatrick

Technical User
May 16, 2001
US
I have Domains A and B both with AD. I have set up domain B, using the AD domains and trusts tool, to "domains trusted by" and "domains that trust" and never recieved an error.

On Domain A I setup "domains trusted by" but then it won't set up "domains that trust" and it doesn't want to verify the "domains trusted by".... it says the RPC sever is not working although the sevice is on.

Any ideas????

Please verify one thing. Are you using two forests? If you are within the same forest, there is no need to establish trusts as they are already there in a Win2K environment.

Yes they are in different forests.

Now having said that let me ask something I should know. When doing this trust I have gotten both domains to show up as a option in the logon dropdown box. This is not something I would prefer but if I must have it to trust domains I of course will have it.

I was hoping to have a trust in the "background" if possible.

I will do more reading but if someone has some helping thoughts they would be appreciated.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back