Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trusts Between Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody66

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2005
AU
Hi,

I have 2 questions really but I guess that they could be related!

Firstly I have 2 NT4 domains which I think I need to set up a trust. The desired result that I would like is that from my site (domain 1) i would like to have total access to domain 2 without having to actually logon to a machine locally (via PCanywhwere) at the remote site. I.E. I would like to be able to access user manager and Exchange Svr on domain 2 from my site.
My question is, how would I do this? I have looked at user manager and found the "Trust" setup within it but which would the "trusted" and "trustee" domain be and if I remember correctly it asks for passwords, can these be whatever I want them to be?

Secondly, I am setting up a replacement Exchange Svr for the remote site, if I set up this trust correctly will I be able make this new server a member of domain 2 although i physically have it at my own site (domain 1), or does the server have to be physically at the remote site for it to join their domain?

Hope this isn't too confusing and thanks in advance for any help/

Woody.

You need to setup Domain 2 to trust Domain 1. That will provide authentication from Domain 1 to domain 2.

In order to allow for both Exchange servers to communicate, you need to set up a site connector between both servers.

Microsoft knowledgebase articles exist to inform you how to perform both of the above tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back